Friday, December 2, 2016

Nonfiction Reader Response

1) Lately I've been this book called Sammy Sosa by Arlene Molzahn.  This book is a biography of the well known baseball player Sammy Sosa.  This book gives a brief history of Sammy's career, Sammy Sosa grew up in a small town in the Dominican Republic and found the sport of baseball through a wealthy man that came to the Dominican Republic to build a factory and sell shoes.  Sammy was on many teams such as the Texas Ranger, the Chicago White Sox, and most famously; the Chicago Cubs.  Sammy Sosa had a wonderful career and was adored by many baseball fans around the world.

2) "Sammy had another slow start in 1998. But he soon recovered.  Sammy hit 20 home runs during the month of June.  This number was a record for the most home runs in one month". I find this passage very interesting because it's gives the reader a idea on how good of a baseball player Sammy Sosa was and why he was loved by many fans around the world.

3) Some things that I learned while reading Sammy Sosa by Arlene Molzahn was when Sammy was on the Texas Rangers, I've already known that Sammy was on the Chicago White Sox then later trade to the Chicago Cubs but I've never known that Sammy once played for the Texas Rangers.  Another thing I've learned and I'll never forget is that Sammy scored a record of 20 home runs in one month, that's impressive.  One last thing I've learned is that Sammy wasn't introduced to baseball until one random man taught Sammy and saw potential in Sammy, Sammy then grew up to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame!

5 comments:

  1. This is a very well written blog, it has all requirements needed but in the beginning of the first sentence there is a error. I also did not know that Sosa played for the Texas Rangers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good blog but just look for errors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog Edgar, the only real problem I found were some run on sentences. Also try adding some grace notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very good blog. I never knew Sammy Sosa was on the Rangers either! I will say, maybe next time re-read your blog to check for grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog was really good. I liked how you explained a lot about Sosa but you also made it short. Nice job

    ReplyDelete